Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Biosh... I can't even say it.


Good news. Bioshock 2 has been pushed back into "fiscal year 2010" ... yeah, that "good news" bit, that was sarcasm.

Take Two, the makers of Bioshock, is claiming it's in order to "
provide additional development time" but they go on and on about the gaming market and other things I really don't comprehend all-too well. And I never really like when a company cites money-related reasons for holding back a game, especially when they say they "believe the result will be a more compelling consumer experience and a better performing product in the marketplace." Sooooo, you think you'll make more money next year? No? 'Cause that's what I'm hearing.

As an aside, doesn't it feel like game developers could be compared to the likes of movie theatres and gas stations in the way that they can randomly up their price (in the case of video games: randomly push back a game's due date) and the consumer has absolutely no choice but to accept it?

Okay, Take Two. We're waiting. We will continue to wait, along with the others who were promised Batman: Arkham Asylum at the end of June. Not that that's your fault... it just doesn't make this situation easier for us wee gamers.

Oh, and Valve: I clutch to you in my time of need. I have faith, and if you push back Left 4 Dead 2, I cannot be held responsible for my actions.

2 comments:

  1. For real. Left 4 Dead 2 is pretty much the only thing that is still on schedule and is coming out soon. Well, soon-ish.

    I hate this crap. I blame Atlas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even mention Atlas; I feel betrayed enough as it is.

    ReplyDelete